Well, her "few days" turned into a week. She left last Tuesday and came home today.
Here's what happened:
- Thursday morning about 3:30 a.m., Ashie came down with a terrible stomach virus.
- That poor baby threw up fourteen times in about 12 hours.
- Ben, Ashland and I were going to get Cadence on Friday -spend the night - run in the Swift Creek 5K Saturday morning - stay for the parade that kicks off the Lincoln County Fair and then come back for church the next day.
- As we were preparing to go, I started feeling sick.
- The bathroom and I weren't able to part ways and. . . we didn't make it.
- And, here's the phone conversation at about 6 a.m. Sat. morning with my dad:
"Dad?. . . "
"That's a weak voice."
"Yeah, I don't feel so good."
"I'm sorry, what do you want me to do?"
"Well, Ben got it in the night."
"I'll come get Ashie - see you in 2 hours. . ." Click.
(Thank you, Daddy. There is no way that we could have taken care of her.)
- Ben and I slept the entire day.
- At five o'clock I wanted to cry because I knew I was missing this. . .
The parade in SV we were planning to attend.
Cadence got to ride in the back of that cool truck and throw candy with her cousins.
Ashland was the hero -
the only one of the cousins who wasn't throwing candy -
So, she collected it.
And apparently, she was quite the collector.
I guess people just tossed handfuls at her.
This is just what Cadence and Ashie walked away with -
she got enough for her cousins to each have a bag -
(and I think her Aunt and Uncle got their fair share as well.)
Way to go Ashie!!
- Sunday, Ben and I were feeling much better.
- My mom agreed to keep the kids another night - so I could attend my WW meeting this morning - (go here if you'd like to see what happened)
- After my meeting, I would head to SV for a few days.
- When Ben and I went got home from the gym this morning, we heard this on our machine. . . "Hi Brooke Louderback, this is your dad. It's ten to seven. Your mom woke up with the dreaded Zombu this morning, so now we need to know what you'd like us to do. Call us."
This crazy illness has really made life unpredictable. . . now we get to wait in anticipation - because there's someone in this house who hasn't had it yet. . . dun dun DUN!!!










1 comment:
I am sooo sorry that you all came down so sick! (except one of you) the stomach bugs are THE WORST! I bet you are soooo worn out! we feel for ya! hoep cadence avoids it! and hope your feeling better... the gym? you went to the gym already.... wow you are tough!
Post a Comment