27 September 2008

Hallelujah. . . It's finally done!!

Several months ago, we began the painstaking process of restaining our porch. After putting the bluish-sage primer down, we began staining with green but never finished.

Our sad, sad multi-colored porch.


A close-up of the three different colors.


What a great helper!!!


Ben and I were happy to be done. Cadence, on the other hand, was not. Watch this video to see her sentiment.

Oh, the sadness. You'd think we were the worst parents in all the land!!!

7 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

Crack me up! You are such a good mom to try and explain things to her. Love the stairs!!! Can't wait to see them in a little bit.

lynsey said...

i was laughing so hard, poor little girl! she is so cute & funny. hope she was able to recover...the porch looks great!

Camie Rae said...

I was watching your video and Izacc came over and started fake crying. I asked him what was the matter and he pointed to the screen and said "baby sad!" So he feels her pain apparently. Looks so so good.

Rhonda said...

So now that you have your porch done you can start refinishing your indoor table that was the poor victim of canning. Maybe this will give Cadence some hope.:)

ali said...

yeah! I'm so glad you found me! i loved finding meryntha on facebook! now you!

Remember when we used to sing indigo girls? I miss that!

remember kelly? we are neighbors now in so cal. she is on my sidebar.

life looks good for you. can't wait to check in often!

Our Little Family said...

I LOVE that video! It will be so funny to have her look back at that and laugh!
The porch looks GREAT by the way! What a cute color!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Oh for sadness!!! But the porch looks great!!