23 October 2008

Happy Birthday to my MOM!!!

Dearest Mother,

On your birthday, you need to know how much I love you. You are my best friend. I can tell you anything and I know you would never think less of me. I appreciate all you've done for me and continue to do for me daily. It was fun to find these pictures and walk down memory lane. Look at us with our poodle perms and matching penguin shirts - look at the way you're giving me last minute advice before I board the plane to Ohio - look at how cute we are snuggling in bed on a Saturday morning - look at how happy we are when I was graduating and getting married. We love each other. You can just see it. I hope that someday my girls will feel the same way about me as I do about you. I love you, Mom.

I feel like our relationship has really grown since I had Cadence. I remember you playing me "In My Daughter's Eyes" and saying that I would understand soon enough. Well, I do now. I love my little girls more than I can express - I'm getting just a little glimmer of how you feel about me.

And now I'm starting to understand why Grandma spoiled Camie and I until we were rotten. She loved us, but I know I won't be able to totally understand a grandmother's love until I become one.

BUT, I'm so grateful that my girls have you in their lives. They love and adore you. I think either of them would gladly move in with you and not look back. That makes me a little sad, but mostly grateful that they are so loved and can feel it.

I remember that last time Grandpa Ralph sat on my couch looking at Ashland and saying - "She looks just like Eileen and Brookie." We're family and I am so grateful that we are. I love you. Or as Bryce would say, "Love you so much that I am so grateful we are sealed as a family forever!" Happy Birthday Mom.

3 comments:

Eileen Izatt Burton said...

Thank you so much. That is a great birthday present.

Camie Rae said...

I don't know what to say. You are one sweet lady. I was totally thinking about your mom today, I always remember her birthday. (Us October kids, we gotta stick together!) Anyway, you are amazing.

kristin said...

that is so sweet. :) Happy Birthday to your Mom! She is a great lady!